The Dental Assisting program at Tennessee College of Applied Technology - Dickson is one year in length. The program consists of organized class instruction, laboratory and clinical practice, and clinical rotations in dental offices. The class meets Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. Dental Assisting students study a wide array of subjects, including radiology, dental materials, anatomy, physiology, chair-side assisting, oral pathology, and dental specialties. During the third semester of the program, students are assigned to dental offices for clinical externships.
Class Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 2:30 PM
The Dental Assisting program is accredited by the Tennessee State Board of Dentistry. They may be contacted at 1-800-778-4123 ext. 5325073, or by writing to the following address: The Tennessee Board of Dentistry, 664 Mainstream Drive, Nashville, TN 37243.
|Time Commitment||Full Time|
|Typical Program Length||12 Months|
|Consumer Information||View Info|
Prospective students must attend at least one information session to begin the intake process. If you are interested in becoming a Dental Assisting student, please complete the following steps:
- In April: Call the main campus to find out the dates for the May information sessions. You will not need to reserve a seat for an information session.
- In May: Attend the information session that best fits your schedule. All information sessions will be held on the TCAT Dickson main campus. You do not need to have filed an application for admission in order to attend an information session.
- In September: Program classes begin.
Sessions will be held at the Dickson campus located at 740 Highway 46 South on the following dates/times:
- Monday, May 6th, 2019 at 10:00 AM
- Friday, May 10th, 2019 at 2:00 PM
- Monday. May 13th, 2019 at 10:00 AM
- Friday, May 17th, 2019 at 10:00 AM
Admission to the Dental Assisting Program is highly competitive, and only a select number of students are enrolled each year. To qualify, an applicant must meet the minimum requirements of the HESI Admissions Assessment Test.
However, this does not guarantee admission.
Our Dental Assisting Class will be selected from the highest scores on the above-mentioned test.
Applicants will be registered for the HESI Admissions Assessment after attending the information session.
740 Highway 46 South
Dickson, TN 37055
Assist dentist, set up equipment, prepare patient for treatment, and keep records.
Bright Outlook: Yes
Currently employed in the area: 5,450
Current job openings per year: 820