Location and Hours of Operation
All books and supplies are ordered through our online bookstore at bkstr.com/TCATDicksonstore. Books should be ordered PRIOR to the first day of class.
Process for Ordering Books and Materials
Students using financial aid will order their textbooks online through the Follett bookstore and they will be shipped directly to their home, while some non-textbook items will be available for purchase at the campus bookstore. Additional items may be necessary for the program that are not available in either bookstore; please check the bookstore expense sheets for details.
Follett Bookstore: You may view the textbooks online at https://www.bkstr.com/tcatdicksonstore. Students will be able to charge textbooks to their financial aid, if aid is available. You will be required to create an account and you will use your S# to view your financial aid funds. Only purchase the required items for the program in which you are enrolling in when using your bookstore credit. If you are expecting an outside entity such as EDSI or VA VOC to cover your book costs, please be sure to select this as your payment option. On the January, May and September start dates, you should expect to begin seeing your available aid approximately two weeks before the start date and have up to approximately two weeks after your start date to order books. For the start dates in-between trimesters, you’ll have approximately one week before and one week after you start class to order your books. It’s best to order as soon as you can so that you have books on the day you start school. You will receive an automated message from Follett to your school email when your financial aid is available. Please check your spam and junk folders for this email. If you purchase books through Follett and don’t end up starting class, you will need to see Follett’s return policy to send back your books. Otherwise you may owe some or all of your book charges to the school.
If you are paying out of pocket for your books, you can go through any online vendor who sells books, such as Amazon or Chegg. Please be advised: Book editions may change without given notice. It is advised to purchase books as needed by trimester and to not order all your books at once. Expense sheets are updated once a trimester and are located on our website under each program: https://www.tcatdickson.edu/programs
TCAT Dickson Bookstore: TCAT Dickson will continue to sell some non-textbook items in its institutional bookstore on the Dickson and Clarksville Campuses. These items include subscriptions, select tools, and uniforms for select programs. Purchasing of bookstore items will begin in the first week of the start date. Students will be able to and can charge TCAT Dickson Bookstore items to their financial aid, if aid is available. Students without financial aid or balances beyond financial aid will need to pay the balance at the Bookstore or provide these items on their own.
Supplies and Tools: Some TCAT Dickson programs have additional items that will be necessary to complete the program but are not available from either bookstore. Students will need to secure these items on their own.
Purchasing Instructions Through Follett
How to purchase books through Follett:
- Visit the following website for book purchases: https://www.bkstr.com/tcatdicksonstore
- Create an account by going to “Sign In”
- Input your personal information and click Create Account
- Click on “Textbooks” to find course materials
- Pick your program by clicking on “Select Department”
- Click on “Course” to select your trimester and then click “Find Material for 1 Course(s)”
- Select your item and add the item to your bag
- You can Continue Shopping to add more items or View Bag & Checkout
- Click “Checkout” and answer the question that pops up about textbook substitutions
- Make sure your shipping address is correct and Proceed to Payment Method
- If you believe that you have financial aid or a scholarship to cover your items, click on the “Financial Aid/Scholarship” box and input your S# to find your account
- Click to agree to Financial Aid Terms & Conditions and “Pay With This”
- Click “Place Order” to complete your transaction
Program Book Lists
Please visit the bookstore personnel on the Dickson or Clarksville campuses if you would like to have a printed copy of your programs expense sheets or if you have specific questions regarding book purchases.