Applying to a TCAT
Find A Program
Review the programs of study and any program-specific admission requirements.
Complete the FAFSA to apply for the Pell grant, TN Promise scholarship, the TN Reconnect and the Wilder-Naifeh Technical Skills Grant.
Student Services Office – Main Campus
740 Highway 46 South
Dickson, TN 37055
Phone: 615-441-6220 Fax: 615-441-6223
Student Services Office – Clarksville Campus
135 International Blvd
Clarksville, TN 37040
Phone: 931-572-1694 Fax: 931-572-1696
General Admission Requirements
- Program enrollment is based on a first-come, first-served basis by date of completed application. (A completed application includes all items required for enrollment.)
- Persons seeking admission to a college must be at least 18 years of age or have a high school diploma or equivalent. For full-time programs, the applicant must declare an occupational objective and demonstrate reasonable potential for achieving that objective.
- All persons who are required to register for the Federal Draft under 50 U.S.C. App. Section 453 are not eligible to enroll in any post-secondary school until they have registered with selective service.
Program-Specific Admission Requirements
Educational and admission requirements vary from program to program.
The first step to apply for the nursing program is to attend an information session. The information sessions are held four months prior to class start dates.
Information sessions for the Practical Nursing class that will begin in September 2020 have been scheduled.
Sessions will be held at the Dickson campus located at 740 Highway 46 South, Dickson TN 37055 on the following dates/times:
- Wednesday, May 13th at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, May 13th at 2 p.m.
- Friday, May 22nd at 9 a.m.
- Friday, May 22nd at 1 p.m.
Sessions will be held at the Clarksville campus located at 135 International Blvd, Clarksville TN 37040 on the following dates/times:
- Thursday, May 14th at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, May 14th at 12 noon
- Thursday, May 21st at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, May 21st at 12 noon
Sessions will be held at the Franklin campus located at 118 Seaboard Lane, Franklin TN 37064 on the following dates/times:
- Tuesday, May 12th at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, May 12th at 12 noon
- Wednesday, May 20th at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, May 20th at 12 noon
The information sessions are required for admission to the nursing program.
All application materials will be distributed at the session. The sessions are held at their respective campus and appointments are not necessary. Call 615-441-6220 for more information.
Each session will begin promptly at the time listed. Late arrivals will not be admitted.
Directions to the campuses are provided on this website.
- Program classes begin. Program start dates vary by location:
- Dickson: January, May, and September
- Clarksville: September
- Franklin: September
HESI Admissions Assessment Exam Information
Admission to the Practical Nursing Program is highly competitive, and only a select number of students are enrolled to each class. To qualify, an applicant must meet the minimum requirements of the HESI Admissions Assessment Exam.
The HESI test is given at regular intervals. Applicants will be scheduled for the test following the information session.
However, achieving the minimum scores on the exam does not guarantee admission.
Admissions to the nursing program is based on scores on the entrance exam. Applicants must have a completed application to be considered for admission.
For more information regarding the practical nursing program, please contact Laura Travis at 615-441-6220.
Machine Tool Technology
Kim received the 2017 OUTSTANDING TECHNICAL TEACHER OF THE YEAR AWARD presented at this year’s National conference of the American Technical Education Association (ATEA) in Nashville.
The Machine Tool Technology program at TCAT-Dickson is accredited by the National Institute for Metalworking Skills.
Industrial Electrical Maintenance/Mechatronics
Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning/Refrigeration
Digital Graphic Design
A graphic design career requires creativity and a desire to constantly improve. You will need to be able to listen carefully to the ideas of others and use your training to make those ideas tangible. You will need to push past the first brilliant idea (which is something you have probably seen before) and keep working until you have something truly original. Multiple revisions and tight deadlines are a way of life in this career. Digital Graphic Design will provide you with a sense of history, the basic building blocks of art and design, and the professional tools that employers expect designers to master.
Diesel Powered Equipment Technology
The Diesel Powered Equipment Technology training program at TCAT Dickson has received accreditation by NATEF and The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE).
TCAT Dickson Diesel Powered Equipment Technology program has been accredited in the following areas: (Diesel Engines, Brakes, Electrical/Electronics, Drive Train, Suspension and Steering, HVAC, Preventive Maintenance).
Prospective students must attend at least one information session to begin the intake process. If you are interested in becoming a Dental Assisting student, please complete the following steps:
- In April: Call the main campus to find out the dates for the May information sessions. You will not need to reserve a seat for an information session.
- In May: Attend the information session that best fits your schedule. All information sessions will be held on the TCAT Dickson main campus. You do not need to have filed an application for admission in order to attend an information session.
- In September: Program classes begin.
Sessions will be held at the Dickson campus located at 740 Highway 46 South on the following dates/times:
- Friday, May 8th at 3 p.m.
- Monday, May 18th at 3 p.m.
- Friday, May 22nd at 3 p.m.
Admission to the Dental Assisting Program is highly competitive, and only a select number of students are enrolled each year. To qualify, an applicant must meet the minimum requirements of the HESI Admissions Assessment Test.
However, this does not guarantee admission.
Our Dental Assisting Class will be selected from the highest scores on the above-mentioned test.
Applicants will be registered for the HESI Admissions Assessment after attending the information session.
Computer Information Technology
The Computer Information Technology program has an articulation agreement with the Tennessee community colleges. Details of the articulation are located here, CIT Articulation Agreement. For more information contact the program instructor or the Student Services Office.
Please see the below attached document for the Nashville State Community College's agreement with CIT.
Administrative Office Technology
The Administrative Office Technology program has an articulation agreement with the Tennessee community colleges. Details of the articulation are located here, AOT Articulation Agreement. For more information contact the program instructor or the Student Services Office.