The Tennessee College of Applied Technology - Dickson is accepting applications for the full-time, grant-funded position of Program Coordinator at the Turney Center Industrial Complex in Only, TN.
GENERAL DUTIES: The Program Coordinator position at the Turney Center Industrial Complex will be responsible for a wide variety of duties and responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Providing on-site functional supervision and support to lead instructors who provide vocational training to correctional students in the Building Construction Technology and Computer Information Technology programs.
- Managing grant reporting and compliance requirements, including completing and submitting reports in a timely manner.
- Assisting lead instructors in maintaining student academic records.
- Co-teaching with lead instructors and serving as substitute instructor in either program, as needed.
- Entering student registrations and conducting orientations.
- Assisting with the purchase of identified supplies and equipment for the TCAT correctional facility programs.
- Assisting with program budget management to ensure all deliverables are completed on time and within budget.
- Assisting with the management of technology and equipment associated with the TCAT correctional programs.
- Serve as liaison and point of contact between correctional facility personnel and TCAT Dickson administration.
- Travel between the Turney Center facility and TCAT Dickson campuses will be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Program Coordinator position is based at the Turney Center Industrial Complex in Only, TN, and reports to the TCAT Dickson Vice President. Scheduled hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. This position is funded through the Correctional Education Initiative Grant.
SALARY: Commensurate with Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology salary guidelines.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION & REVIEW: Complete application and submit resume at https://tbr.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/20/home/requisition/5111?c=tbr. Review of résumés with completed employment application will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Applications accepted until January 15, 2021. Applicants selected to interview will be required to tour the Turney Center facility.
EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS: Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed. A criminal/financial background check will be required for applicant selected.
TCAT Dickson does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by the Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Laura Travis, Vice President, email@example.com, 740 Hwy 46 S, Dickson, TN 37055, 615-441-6220. The TCAT Dickson policy on nondiscrimination can be found at https://www.tcatdickson.edu/about/non-discrimination-statement.
EEO/AA/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer
- Bachelor degree required. Equivalent, relevant full-time experience in the field may be considered in lieu of education.
- Minimum of five years of experience in post-secondary or vocational education, correctional administration, or business/industrial management; supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge and/or experience in building construction skills and/or computer networking skills is a plus.
- Intermediate computer skills required.
- Prior teaching or evidence of ability to teach students is a plus.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationships with students, faculty, staff, the general public, and business/industry representatives.
- Must show evidence of good character, organizational skills, and mature attitude.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to be flexible and respond to changing work priorities and duties.
- Ability to provide support to a diverse group of constituents including students, faculty, staff, and external partners.