The Tennessee College of Applied Technology - Dickson is accepting applications for the full-time position of Practical Nursing Instructor for the Franklin Campus.
- Associate Degree in Nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse license in good standing in the State of Tennessee.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as an RN within the last five (5) years.
- Prior teaching or evidence of ability to teach students a plus.
- Must possess the communication skills necessary to be an effective teacher.
- Must show evidence of good character, organizational skills and mature attitude.
- Must be willing to remain current in the nursing profession.
- Must be able to adapt quickly to new technology.
- Must be willing to coordinate and work with other nursing instructors and staff members.
GENERAL DUTIES: The Practical Nursing Associate Instructor is responsible for the following areas including, but not limited to: teaching and supervision of nursing students in classroom and clinical settings; evaluating and advising students; maintaining confidential, accurate and complete records on paper and electronically; completing reports as required in a timely manner; participating in the development of the program; participating in recruitment of new students and placement of graduates; maintaining an active advisory committee; and other duties as assigned. This position reports to the Health Careers Coordinator. The work schedule will be Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Class hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Clinical hours vary. Travel to other TCAT Dickson campuses and alternate clinical sites may be required.
SALARY: Commensurate with Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology -- Dickson guidelines.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION & REVIEW: Complete application and submit resume at: https://tbr.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/20/home/requisition/5638?c=tbr. Review of résumés with completed employment application will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Applications accepted until May 28, 2021.
EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS: Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed.
TCAT Dickson does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by the Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Laura Travis, Vice President, email@example.com, 740 Hwy 46 S, Dickson, TN 37055, 615-441-6220. The TCAT Dickson policy on nondiscrimination can be found at https://www.tcatdickson.edu/about/non-discrimination-statement.
EEO/AA/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer