The Tennessee College of Applied Technology - Dickson is accepting applications for the part-time position of Practical Nursing Adjunct Instructor at all campuses. The college is building its pool of Practical Nursing Clinical Instructors to work on a PRN basis.
- Current Registered Nurse license in good standing in the State of Tennessee.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as an RN within the last five years.
- Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree preferred.
- Must possess the communication skills necessary to be an effective teacher.
- Must show evidence of good character, organizational skills, and mature attitude.
- Must be willing to remain current in the nursing profession.
- Must be able to adapt quickly to new technology.
- Must be willing to coordinate and work with other nursing instructors and staff members.
GENERAL DUTIES: The part-time Practical Nursing Adjunct Instructor is responsible for teaching and supervision of nursing students in on-campus classroom/lab and off-campus clinical settings; evaluating and advising students; maintaining records and completing reports; participating in the development of the program, and other duties as assigned. Travel will be required. This position reports to the Health Careers Coordinator. Applicants selected for the PN Adjunct Instructor pool will work on a PRN basis. Campuses are located in Dickson, Clarksville and the city of Franklin. Clinical sites are located in the surrounding areas of the campus.
SALARY: Commensurate with Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology -- Dickson guidelines.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION & REVIEW: Complete application and submit resume at: https://tbr.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/20/home/requisition/5667?c=tbr. Review of résumés with completed employment application will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled. Applications accepted until 5 p.m. on August 31, 2021. Submissions missing either document will not be reviewed for the position.
EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS: Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed. A criminal/financial background check will be required for applicant selected.
TCAT Dickson does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by the Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Laura Travis, Vice President, email@example.com, 740 Hwy 46 S, Dickson, TN 37055, 615-441-6220. The TCAT Dickson policy on nondiscrimination can be found at https://www.tcatdickson.edu/about/non-discrimination-statement.
EOE/AA/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer