The Tennessee College of Applied Technology - Dickson is accepting applications for the part-time position of adjunct instructor in the Computer Information Technology program at the Clarksville Campus.
- Technical Diploma in instructional area or equivalent higher education training with credential. Associate Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in the computer information technology field within the last five years.
- Must possess a high degree of knowledge in network administration, PC hardware, systems analysis and software.
- Must possess the organizational and communications skills necessary to be an effective teacher and to interact with high school and adult students.
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+ certifications and Microsoft certifications preferred.
- Prior teaching or evidence of ability to teach students is a plus.
- Must show evidence of good character, organizational skills, and mature attitude.
- Must be willing to remain current in the field.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationships with students, faculty, staff, the general public and business/industry representatives.
GENERAL DUTIES: The adjunct Computer Information Technology is responsible for ensuring student training is conducted utilizing all appropriate safety measures in the absence of the full-time instructor. The adjunct instructor will instruct students according to the teaching outline established by the full-time instructor, utilizing methods of individualized and group instruction, lecture, and demonstration. Areas of instruction include, but are not limited to: troubleshooting, system architecture and protocols, software applications, programming, hardware assembly and repair, backup strategies, networking and configuring computers and related peripheral devices. The adjunct instructor will assist with monitoring, grading and evaluating individual student progress; maintaining student records in the college’s student records management software; maintaining appropriate documentation, and other duties as assigned. This position is part-time and reports to the Clarksville Campus Coordinator. The adjunct instructor serves on an as-needed basis that may vary from sporadic days at irregular intervals to several days in a row. Class hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
SALARY: Commensurate with Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Dickson hourly pay guidelines.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION & REVIEW: Complete application and submit resume at: https://tbr.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/20/home/requisition/6076?c=tbr. Review of résumés with completed employment application will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Applications accepted until July 30, 2021.
EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS: Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed.
TCAT Dickson does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by the Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Laura Travis, Vice President, email@example.com, 740 Hwy 46 S, Dickson, TN 37055, 615-441-6220. The TCAT Dickson policy on nondiscrimination can be found at https://www.tcatdickson.edu/about/non-discrimination-statement.
EEO/AA/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer