The Tennessee College of Applied Technology - Dickson is accepting applications for the full-time position of Operation Next/LIFT Coordinator at the Clarksville Campus. This position is funded through September 30, 2021, with continuation anticipated dependent upon renewal of funding source.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university. A comparable combination of education and related experience may be considered.
- Minimum of five (5) years of full-time employment in education, business or industry with significant responsibility.
- Prior experience in working with veterans and/or military families beneficial.
- Previous military service recommended.
- Preference given to retired military veterans or recently separated veterans.
- Experience in strategic planning and evaluating outcomes.
- Understanding of the military exit process and the needs of transitioning soldiers is highly beneficial.
- Excellent time management, decision making, presentation, networking and organization skills.
- Professional demeanor and strong orientation toward customer service.
- Effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to clearly express thoughts to others and exchange information.
- Ability to work effectively with, present to, and influence executive staff members, business leaders, military officials, regional employers and others with diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
- Familiarity with government programs and services for transitioning members, veterans and their families relating to persons with disabilities, mental health, substance abuse, housing, education or other relevant veteran and family issues.
- Strong computer skills utilizing a wide variety of software applications including, but not limited to: databases, spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail, social media, etc.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, high change environment.
GENERAL DUTIES: The Operation Next/LIFT Coordinator will oversee all operational aspects of the Operation Next Career Skills Program, in conjunction with Workforce Essentials, to aid soldiers transitioning out of the military gain knowledge and hands-on skills in preparation for employment. The Coordinator will mentor/support each student through the entire process from recruitment and enrollment to monitoring class progress and certification. Duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as liaison for all program participants, instructors, collaborators and sponsors.
- Continuously build relationships and open lines of communication with military leadership and area commanders.
- Assist in developing and implementing ongoing marketing initiatives.
- Utilize and share surveys with TCAT Dickson administration and Fort Campbell Strong Workforce Partnership Project Manager for program and participant experience improvement.
- Create and submit reports in a timely manner on program progress and statistics as required.
- Continue outreach to area employers/manufacturers to facilitate placement of graduates, arrange visits to industries and market credential holders to area employers.
- Attend networking opportunities, job fairs, hiring events and social/community events to promote Operation Next/LIFT and TCAT Dickson.
- Provide information on all TCAT Dickson educational programs to interested individuals and organizations.
- Some travel will be required.
This position will report to TCAT Dickson’s Clarksville Campus Coordinator. Functional supervision may be received from the Ft. Campbell Strong Workforce Development Project Manager. This position will be based at the Clarksville Campus with regular visits required to the Career Skills Program Office located on post at Fort Campbell, Kentucky. Scheduled work hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
SALARY: Commensurate with Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology salary guidelines.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION & REVIEW: Complete application and submit resume and cover letter at: https://tbr.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/20/home/requisition/5525?c=tbr. Review of résumés with completed employment application will begin immediately and continue until April 30, 2021, or until position is filled.
EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS: Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed. A criminal/financial background check will be required for applicant selected.
TCAT Dickson does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by the Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Laura Travis, Vice President, email@example.com, 740 Hwy 46 S, Dickson, TN 37055, 615-441-6220. The TCAT Dickson policy on nondiscrimination can be found at https://www.tcatdickson.edu/about/non-discrimination-statement.
EEO/AA/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer