Job TitleLead Education Specialist Coordinator
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology - Dickson is accepting applications for a full-time Lead Education Specialist Coordinator position. This position is grant-funded for three years beginning November 2022.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, behavioral science, psychology, human services or higher education sector required. A comparable combination of education and directly related experience may be considered.
- Minimum of five (5) years of work experience in social work, human services, vocational counseling or a related field.
- Experience in trauma-informed case management, client in-take processes, and/or agency-type referrals a plus.
- Experience working with team members spread across various locations preferred.
- Experience working in a college setting in administration, student services or recruiting a plus.
- Must possess effective listening and communication skills.
- Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently but also as part of a team.
- Must be willing to coordinate and work with other colleagues across various agencies.
- Computer skills and ability to adapt quickly to new technology required.
- Understanding of various types of educational services, training opportunities and workforce development highly desired.
GENERAL DUTIES: TCAT Dickson is partnering with the Martha O’Bryan Center (MOBC) and other community organizations through the Tennessee Alliance for Economic Mobility (TAEM) grant to implement an innovative approach to create a scalable solution to incentivize employment and increase family self-sufficiency for low-income families. The Lead Education Specialist Coordinator will support the work of a team of six Employment and Education Specialists housed at WorkForce Essentials. The Lead Education Specialist Coordinator will:
- Collaborate with MOBC and interested Employment/Education Working Group members to develop written policies/manuals related to education services.
- Lead training of Employment and Education Specialists on written policies/manuals related to education services.
- Provide technical assistance to Employment and Education Specialists to follow guidance of written policies/manuals related to education services.
- Oversee connecting with TAEM grant education partners.
- Communicate regularly with Workforce Essentials related to the education services provided by Employment and Education Specialists.
- Communicate regularly with Employment and Education Specialists.
- Build capacity of education partners on how to best support TAEM participants enrolled in their programs.
- Chair/co-chair Employment/Education Working Group.
The Lead Education Specialist Coordinator will be based at either the Dickson Campus or the Clarksville Campus. This position will be supervised by TCAT Dickson and will be required to have regular communication with the TAEM Capacity Building Senior Manager and the Education and Employment Specialists team. Travel to sites within the seven-county TAEM grant service area may be required.
SALARY: Commensurate with Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology guidelines.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION & REVIEW: Complete application and submit resume at https://tbr.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/20/home/requisition/8248?c=tbr. Review of résumés with completed employment application will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS: Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed. A criminal/financial background check and drug screening will be required for applicant selected.
TCAT Dickson does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by the Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Laura Travis, Vice President, firstname.lastname@example.org, 740 Hwy 46 S, Dickson, TN 37055, 615-441-6220. The TCAT Dickson policy on nondiscrimination can be found at https://www.tcatdickson.edu/about/non-discrimination-statement.
EOE/AA/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer