Job TitleFinancial Aid Support Associate
Financial Aid Support Associate – Dickson Campus
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology - Dickson is accepting applications for the full-time position of Financial Aid Support Associate at the Dickson Campus. The Financial Aid Support Associate will work in conjunction with the Financial Aid Service Center of the Tennessee Board of Regents to administer, process and disburse all federal and state financial aid programs, veterans’ education benefits and third-party student aid programs.
- Associate Degree in a related field from an accredited institution. A comparable combination of education and related employment experience may be considered.
- Minimum of five (5) years of full-time experience in accounting or financial processes within the last seven (7) years; financial aid experience preferred.
- Ability to deal tactfully with the public and co-workers.
- Ability to communicate well on a functional level in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize projects, attend to multiple projects simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of and/or ability to read and accurately interpret state, federal and institutional policies and guidelines.
- Strong math skills required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team.
- Strong computer skills utilizing a wide variety of software applications including, but not limited to: databases, spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail, etc.
- Willingness to remain current in regulations and polices relating to financial aid programs.
- Working knowledge of Ellucian Banner and federal/state financial aid programs a plus.
GENERAL DUTIES: Duties of the Financial Aid Support Associate include, but are not limited to:
- Verification and documentation of student eligibility for aid program.
- Calculation and entry of student awards in online student information management system.
- Counseling current and prospective students regarding all aspects of financial aid programs and third-party student aid programs.
- Serving as School Certifying Official for veterans’ benefit programs.
- Coordination of work study employment and annual work study budget preparation.
- Reviewing and verifying student eligibility each term for all aid programs.
- Assisting with recruitment activities such as FAFSA Frenzy, new student orientations, etc.
- Some travel required.
- Other duties as assigned.
This non-exempt position reports to the Accounting and Financial Coordinator. Scheduled work hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
SALARY: Commensurate with Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology salary guidelines.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION & REVIEW: Complete application and submit resume at: https://tbr.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/20/home/requisition/5322?c=tbr. Review of résumés with completed employment application will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Applications accepted until February 16, 2021.
EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS: Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed. A criminal/financial background check will be required for applicant selected.
TCAT Dickson does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by the Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Laura Travis, Vice President, firstname.lastname@example.org, 740 Hwy 46 S, Dickson, TN 37055, 615-441-6220. The TCAT Dickson policy on nondiscrimination can be found at https://www.tcatdickson.edu/about/non-discrimination-statement.
EEO/AA/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer