The Tennessee College of Applied Technology - Dickson is accepting applications for the full-time position of Associate Instructor in the Farming Operations Technology program at the Turney Center Industrial Complex, a correctional facility in Only, TN.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture. A comparable combination of education and directly related work experience may be considered.
- Three (3) years of experience in the agricultural field within the last five (5) years.
- Must possess a high degree of knowledge and agricultural expertise in all phases of livestock production, crop production and precision agriculture.
- Must possess a general knowledge of mechanical skills, general welding skills, basic electricity and farm maintenance skills.
- Prior teaching or evidence of ability to teach students is a plus.
- Must possess the organizational and communication skills necessary to be an effective teacher.
- Must show evidence of good character and mature attitude.
- Must be willing to remain current in the instructional field.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationships with students, faculty, staff, the general public and business/industry representatives.
GENERAL DUTIES: The Farming Operations Technology Associate Instructor at the Turney Center Industrial Complex correctional facility is responsible for instructing rehabilitation and correctional students to prepare them to re-enter the job market in agriculture-related fields. This position provides theory and hands-on skills instruction to students in areas including, but not limited to: farm safety, farm machinery maintenance, soil and plant management, crop and livestock management, and introduction to computers. The Associate Instructor must monitor, grade and evaluate individual students’ progress; maintain appropriate documentation of student progress; submit timely reports; and maintain close communication with correctional personnel and TCAT Dickson administration. Applicants selected for an interview will be required to tour the Turney Center facility. Scheduled hours are Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Anticipated start date for the position is mid-August.
SALARY: Commensurate with Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology salary guidelines.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION & REVIEW: Complete application and submit resume at: https://tbr.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/20/home/requisition/7922?c=tbr. Review of résumés with completed employment application will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS: Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed. A criminal/ financial background check will be required for applicant selected.
TCAT Dickson does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by the Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Laura Travis, Vice President, firstname.lastname@example.org, 740 Hwy 46 S, Dickson, TN 37055, 615-441-6220. The TCAT Dickson policy on nondiscrimination can be found at https://www.tcatdickson.edu/about/non-discrimination-statement.
EEO/AA/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer