The Tennessee College of Applied Technology - Dickson is accepting applications for the full-time position of Associate Instructor in the Computer Information Technology program at the Turney Center Industrial Complex in Only, TN.
- Technical diploma in instructional area or equivalent higher education with credentials in related field. Associate degree preferred. Equivalent relevant full-time experience in the field may be considered in lieu of education.
- Minimum of three years of experience in the Computer Information Technology field within the last five years.
- Must possess a high degree of knowledge in network administration, PC hardware, systems analysis and software.
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+ certifications and Microsoft certifications preferred.
- Prior teaching or evidence of ability to teach students is a plus.
- Must possess the organizational and communication skills necessary to be an effective teacher.
- Must show evidence of good character and mature attitude.
- Must be willing to remain current in the instructional field.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationships with students, faculty, staff, the general public and business/industry representatives.
GENERAL DUTIES: The Computer Information Technology Associate Instructor at the Turney Center Industrial Complex is responsible for instructing rehabilitation and correctional students in vocational training in order to prepare them to re-enter the job market in the computer information technology industry. This position provides theory and hands-on skills instruction to students in areas including, but not limited to: troubleshooting, system architecture and protocols, software applications, programming, hardware assembly and repair, backup strategies, networking and configuring computers and related peripheral devices. The Associate Instructor must monitor, grade and evaluate individual students’ progress; maintain appropriate documentation of student progress; submit timely reports; and maintain close communication with correctional personnel and TCAT Dickson administration. Applicants selected for an interview will be required to tour the Turney Center facility. Scheduled hours are Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
SALARY: Commensurate with Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology salary guidelines.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION & REVIEW: Complete application and submit resume at: https://tbr.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/20/home/requisition/5566?c=tbr. Review of résumés with completed employment application will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Applications accepted until May 9, 2021.
EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS: Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed. A criminal/ financial background check will be required for applicant selected.
TCAT Dickson does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by the Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Laura Travis, Vice President, email@example.com, 740 Hwy 46 S, Dickson, TN 37055, 615-441-6220. The TCAT Dickson policy on nondiscrimination can be found at https://www.tcatdickson.edu/about/non-discrimination-statement. EEO/AA/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer